If you are considering using composite decking to build your floor, then you should know the advantages and disadvantages of composite decking that will help you with your needs.
So what is composite decking?
When you walk into any furniture and decorating store, near the wood products, you will see boards that resemble wood products, but they are labeled "composite". Wood composites are mainly made of synthetic materials. The purpose of developing such materials is to protect the environment and reuse waste. At the same time, it provides the enjoyment of "wooden furniture".
The advantages of composite decking
1、The maintenance of the wood-plastic composite deck is very simple. Maintenance, first put aside the debris on the deck, and then rinse with clean water.
2. The installation process of wood composite decking is simple, no special tools are needed, and even people without installation experience can follow the installation instructions.
3.Wood plastic composite decking has a variety of colors and various wood grains, you can choose the type you like, or even let the manufacturer customize it according to your requirements.
4. WPC composite decking is more resistant to corrosion and is much better than wood flooring in terms of water resistance, insect resistance, corrosion resistance and mildew resistance.
The disadvantages of wood-plastic composite decking
1. The biggest disadvantage of composite decking is the cost. Decks built with this new material typically cost twice as much as pressure-treated wood decks.
2. Wood composite decking is heavier than wood decking for the same size.
3. Special support fasteners are required for installation.